Planning + Research
Many of Heritage’s projects begin with research, historic and technical reports, historic surveys, master plans, design guidelines, code assessments, or feasibility studies. Our staff of architects and historians evaluate the character and condition of each building to understand the original design, subsequent alterations, and future needs.
List of Services
- Historic Resource Surveys
- Adaptive Reuse/Feasibility Studies
- Master and Community Plans
- Historic American Buildings Surveys (HABS)/Historic American Landscapes Surveys (HALS)/Historic American Engineering Record (HAER)
- Historic Resource Evaluations (HRE)
- Historic Structure Reports (HSR)
- National, State, and Local Historic Registrater Nominations
- Historic Context Statements
- Design Guidelines
- Interpretive Programs
- Certificates of Appropriateness
- Section 106 Consultation
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Technical Reports
- Historic Treatment Plans
- Mills Act (State Tax Credit) Application/ Consultation
- Federal Rehabilitation Tax Credit Application/Consultation
Heritage prepared Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) documentation for this military testing facility at Morris Dam near Pasadena. Work included historical research, site investigation and a Memorandum of Agreement with the Navy, the California SHPO, and the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation.
Santa Fe Depot
Heritage initially identified the building as historic as part of a citywide historic reconnaissance survey. Later, Heritage completed a National Register of Historic Places nomination and Section 106 documentation on behalf the City of San Bernardino. Working closely with the City, SANBAG, and the community, we also provided an economic viability study and adaptive reuse/feasibility study for its future reuse. Based on the study’s preferred use, Heritage completed rehabilitation of the Depot as the Architect.